Watch video above
Things We Discussed in Part 2
- I asked JP and Kat how they got the sound of Kat's vocal for Alvin & the Chipmunks.
- Practical music charting and some very useful shortcuts, such as the Nashville number system.
- Singing live for major artists, and the very real stresses when you have to work fast to create arrangements and chose who sings what.
- I get to share a favorite vocal ninja trick... backing off volume... to save both singer and mic and make the vocal sound better. JP and Kat loved it.
- We chat gear... and JP introduces me to a mic where I might get my fav Telefunken C-12 sound... the Slate Digital Modeling Mic!
- We talk about whispering styles and the voice.