Chat With Lachi - Recording Artist, Disabled Inclusion Advocate
PLEASE REVIEW at ratethispodcast.com/atv
Have you ever felt like there was something about you that would keep your voice from certain opportunities, careers or stages? Maybe you're the wrong race, wrong gender, wrong size, too old, too young, too dark, too light, too weird, too loud, too shy. How about being... too blind? Today I talk with Lachi - a highly successful force of nature who fully embraces and USES her blindness to make the entertainment industry a place where the disabled are successful and where universal access is the norm. Wait til you hear where HER voice is successfully performing! After listening, don't be surprised if you feel a fire in your own gut to think outside the box of your perceived limitations, and go after some dream you may have tucked away.
Things we talk about include:
- How her early successful but unfulfilling occupations led her into making a risky but much more satisfying journey into the creative arts.
- Her journey from low-vision to no-vision, and why she asked 'how can I use this?'
- The formation of her amazing foundation 'RAMPD'.
- Why we should all embrace universal access.
- Her award-winning Youtube series 'Off-Beat - Going Blind and Just Trying To Stay Fabulous' where she does things like sky dive!
- How that led to hosting the PBS series 'Renegades', where she filmed the pilot about deaf stuntwoman Kitty O'Neil.
- I asked her why where others get stopped, seems to be right where she begins her best work. She tells me how she finds her north star in being exactly who she is.
More about Lachi:
Prefer to watch?
Labels: blind singer, disability culture, disabled inclusion advocacy, Judy Rodman, Lachi, RAMPD