Interview With Wendy Parr - Artist Development Maverick
NOTE: The audio player should appear below, if not, please click on the title of this post and go online to hear.
PLEASE REVIEW at ratethispodcast.com/atv
Wendy Parr is one of the most well-respected and successful artist development coaches out there. It was so good to get to know her thinking and her approach to helping creative people succeed not only artistically and financially but also personally. She joined me from LA and I think you'll enjoy getting some inside tips she very generously shares in this winding conversation.
Our talking points include:
- Wendy shares how her journey and experience led to her work with artists.
- I ask her about her website phrases 'there's nothing to be self-conscious about when you're being genuine' and 'success comes when you're in over your head. Dive Deep.'
- She tells us about her 'Artist's Circle', and the incredible successes that have come from those villages she builds. We also discuss her other programs for artists, including 'The Ride'.
- We talk about Creatives in general - characteristics, needs.
- We discuss the responsibilities of influencers.
- We talk about the importance of having the right team, for both support and accountability.
More about Wendy Parr:Wendy Parr is an award-winning songwriter, vocal coach, vocal producer, speaker, educator, and much more. Her 20+ very busy years in the music industry have given her the skills and influence to be hailed by many as ‘the artist’s secret weapon’.
She is known for fostering a culture of confidence and creativity within individuals and collective environments. As a holistic artist coach, Wendy is a skilled guide who helps people navigate an industry that's constantly changing. Artists’ under her guidance learn to operate from a healthy sense of self with integrity and authenticity. Creatives that Wendy has worked with include Sara Bareilles, Regina Spektor, Melanie Martinez, Lynn Gunn of PVRIS, Marc E. Bassy, and many more. In 2014 Wendy founded The Artist's Circle; which is an open and interactive event designed to help creators dig in and bring out their innate creativity.
- Wendy's website: WendyParr.com
Let us know what you think of this episode, and as always, please let me know if you have questions or suggestions for this podcast.
Labels: all things vocal, artist development, creatives, Judy Rodman, make it in the music business, music industry, nurturing artists, professional vocal training, recording artist, Wendy Parr
0 Comments :
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]