How To Sing Tired... When To Cancel Vocal Performance [UPDATED 2021]
How physical exhaustion can hurt your voice:
7 wise things to do when singing tired:
- DRINK UP!
- EAT UP!
- DON'T NUMB YOURSELF!
- WARMUP and COOL DOWN!
- SUPPORT YOUR VOICE!
- DON'T SLUMP!
- USE CORRECT TECHNIQUE!
If you sing tired but wisely:
- You should notice that after your performance your vocal cords don't feel strained at all. In fact, you should be able to sing even better at the end of your performance than at the beginning.
- You should feel even more physical (instead of vocal) exhaustion... and you'll probably be hungry!
- Your voice should feel and sound great the next day, instead of trashed.
Here's when you should cancel your performance:
- You will guard.
- You will push.
- Your voice will suffer.
- Need a good vocal warmup? Contact me and book a lesson; I'd love to help you!
- Want more vocal health tips? Sign up free and get 5 pages of them.
Labels: cancel vocal performance, Judy Rodman, singing tired, vocal coach, vocal strain, vocal technique, warm your voice up