NOTE: The audio player should appear below, if not, please click the title of this post and go online to hear. You can also listen & subscribe on iTunes, TuneIn Radio, Stitcher, Spotify, Amazon, Podbean, most other podcast apps.
PLEASE REVIEW at ratethispodcast.com/atv
- Laura shares factors that contributed to her multifaceted, successful life and career.
- We go into the value of experiential learning, entrepreneurship, and the value of what we’ve gained along the way.
- We discuss how experiencing our own career struggles and personal anxiety help us help our students and recording clients, and how one must be willing to gather the courage to show vulnerability to be a great performer.
- Laura and I talk about being an empath and how empathy factors in our teaching and making. We also talk about empath overwhelm (both teaching and performing) and the need for mentors to have mentors. Laura gives us a little of her emotional journey getting pregnant.
- We agreed on the importance of authenticity in the world where a career making music is uber competitive and perfection can result in sterile art.
- We share stories about meeting husbands in music, and of creating our own music projects.
- Laura takes us into her three companies: ET Studio Productions (‘Emerging Talent’), ET Labz, with teachers Laura has trained to teach multiple creative fields with special needs kids, and TE music group (publishing, managing, etc)
- Laura shares two big mistakes she sees young artists make.
- Laura generously shares two of her songwriting exercises she gives her clients.