NOTE: The audio player should appear below, if not, please click on the title of this post and go online to hear.
- Michael’s backstory.
- Michael’s parable of the Donkey in the Hole.
- We dive into Michael’s tagline ‘be encouraged!’
- His life-bringing challenge to ‘shake the dirt’.
- Michael’s understanding of faith and how it affects his life and work.
- How Michael works to encourage and empower kids.
- The importance of changing the systems around dysfunction.
- The power of reflection to go forward in times of frightening change (like this Covid era).
- Mentors & teachers that helped Michael; the importance of being one.
- How side interests & diversity help create a well-rounded life.
- Funny stories, serious success stories.
- How Michael uses mind & body to be in good voice.
About Michael Arterberry:
As a Motivational Speaker, my life is dedicated to moving people from an uneasy time in their lives to a place of peace. I don’t change their circumstances, but I help change their perspective. - Michael Arterberry
- 2010 USA Network’s Characters Unite Award for exceptional commitment to combating prejudice and discrimination while increasing tolerance and acceptance within the community,
- 2014 100 Men of Color Award for leadership in education, government, mentorship, entrepreneurial success and community service,
- 2016 Educator of the year award from Y-Cop in Mount Vernon, NY. as well as a proclamation from the Mayor, Certificate of Merit from the Board of Legislators, and a Citation from the Mount Vernon City Council.