Some quotes from the interview:
Discipline is connected to inspiration
Protecting forward momentum energizes the next thing
The legs of your forward momentum are upon content’
Some of our discussion trails:
- Integrating multiple creative and technical sides of oneself.
- How you can start out in classical voice and end up in bluegrass - loving them both!
- The value of both nature and nurture, parents and environment, to Mark's journey.
- Brick walls and turning points
- The difference between writing songs and writing novels.
- Mark recites his latest poem ‘Where Did You Go’
- Thinking outside the box for the promotional video series to launch his single 'Craziest Thing'. We play a snippet!
- Mark's experience with a vocal polyp.
- Guitar strings and microphones... including how he cleans his mics.
- Mark's future gazing; encouragement for others to move forward, too.
About Mark Elliott:
As a singer-songwriter, Mark Elliott is a ‘lifer.’ He lives and breathes the poetry of existence.