Topics we covered include:
- What Alexander Technique is.
- Peter's three-part formula for artistry... desire + coordination + technique.
- How desire and intention change outcome in both Peter's and my work with students.
- The elusive 'quick fix' for laryngitis or other vocal issues; instant help and life-long improvement with experimentation, curiosity and deeper learning.
- How Alexander fixed his voice.
- Judy's story of vocal recovery.
- Conquering guarding stance and fear with freedom of choice.
- Coordination = cooperating with our design.
- Curiosity: Getting slow and being observant.
- Using tools of anatomy (the truth about the design) and imagery (mind pictures to direct anatomy) for vocal training.
- Why Alexander Technique prefers to use thinking vs feeling.
- The importance of freely moving joints for the voice.
- Changing conception by changing perception, such as using the balance pad, Bosu ball or trampoline.
- Hands: touch communication. How teachers can use hands to help the student hold on to a new idea a little longer.
- Why the happy voice needs happy feet! (Who knew?)
- How we can help the voice heal itself by harnassing our innate intelligence
- The kindness in our design, the kindness we need to show ourselves.
About Peter Jacobson:
Find Peter's special offer for All Things Vocal at