Interview With Rick Barker - Part 2
NOTE: The audio player should appear below, if not, please click on the title of this post and go online to hear.
Available also on iTunes , Google Play, TuneIn Radio, Android apps
Here is part 2 of my interview with music marketing guru Rick Barker. If you haven't heard it yet, go to this link for part 1 .
Some music marketing strategies we got into in part 2:
- When an artist is ready for a good manager and booking agent... why you need to be making enough money to make it win-win to get quality people on your team.
- Educating yourself to get to that point.
- How to protect yourself from bitterness and self-pity which stops your progress.
- The strategy of re-thinking major labels and using them as joint ventures.
- The singles game.
- Building your own buzz.
- How to create fan engagement on social media (great tactics)
- Why Rick says it's crazy to spend a ton of indie money on Billboard radio station promotion.
- We chat about Spotify, Soundcloud.
- How to earn people's attention instead of turn them off on social networks.
- Rick's book and courses that help artists create successful careers.
Labels: all things vocal, artist development, Judy Rodman, music business, music marketing, music promotion, Rick Barker
2 Comments :
At August 4, 2018 at 1:56 PM , Unknown said...
Loved Part 2 as well. Valuable information that will help me with my students. Thanks for sharing. Kay Lynn Scott, Performance Talent
At April 29, 2019 at 4:23 PM , Judy Rodman said...
Thank you, Kay... so glad your students got some tips from this!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]