|Dr. Terry Sanford Smith chilling out (probably humming a tune, too!)|
Snippets from the interview:
- Terry’s dysfunctional childhood & adolescence, deep questions, spiritual quest.
- How he used singing to find joy, connect to his inner being, question what is real.
- The power of gratitude.
- This amazing man's experience with vocal lessons.
- How Terry helps people learn to listen to their own voice and questions.
- Terry's insight of three core beliefs that determine our actions: security & survival, protection & esteem (love), power & control.
- How finding the true voice (artistic definition) can help successful entertainers can avoid life sabotage.
- Terry’s core method of life coaching is mapping people’s stories. His coaching initiates the healing power of understanding your own story.
- The parts that education, process, discipline and decision play in healing and finding the true self and voice.
- How we act from the 12 year old inside who was wounded. How children are the best recorders and worst interpreters.
- 95% of people’s counterproductive behavior comes from believing the lie that they are not worthy of love.
- Be careful what you’re looking for (you’ll find it). Look for truth with an open mind. Look in your history for those who validated and affirmed you.
- Authenticity draws the listener to songs and speeches.
- An illuminating conversation between Peter and Jesus.
- The power of living out of knowing you are loved.
- The impact of enlightened voices on others.