Subjects we covered include:
- Areas typically missing in ‘artist development’ that can sabotage the successful breaking of new artists
- Traits in a singer that turn Bernard off; signalling that singer may not ever succeed in the music industry.
- Whether it is important for a singer to be a songwriter.
- The vital importance of an artist to be able to 'own' the stage with presence and performance skills.
- The difference vocal training can make to a recording and performing artist.
- The impact of persistence, dedication and even sacrifice required for the potential for the artist to succeed.
- Ways even those without a lot of financial means can still find the money, heart, and effort to invest in training and preparing for a music career.
- How PCG Artist Development works uniquely to grow artists in different dimensions, and what the byline of the company 'the science of artist development' means.
- The brand new arm of the company that is offering training to everyone, even those who can't afford to enroll in the primary PCG program. (A little disclaimer… I am proud to be the author of PCG Online's vocal coaching courses, in the company of other instructors I highly respect authoring courses which include songwriting, auditioning, music theory, live performance. )
- PCG24-7.com (PCG Online courses)
- Tim McGraw's video 'Humble and Kind'
- The upcoming 2016 PCG Summer Bootcamp
More on Bernard Porter and PCG Nashville:
Note: I provide vocal coaching services for many PCG clients.
Need your help:
If you like the podcast please leave a review... especially at iTunes! Just open your iTunes program, search for 'All Things Vocal', click on it and you'll see the link to 'ratings and reviews'. Thank you!