Let me ask you some questions:
- Have you ever wondered if your voice is valuable?
- How do you make that determination?
- Whose opinion about your voice influences yours?
- Have you ever worried that you will never be successful with your music or speaking career?
It occurred to me to see it a completely different way. What if, bravely listening to our own muse...
- We CREATE something that we intuitively KNOW is good - a vocal, a song, a speech, a performance.
- What if we SHARE our work with a small circle of accountability that could give us feedback to make it the best it can be in final form...
- but we DON'T rely on popular opinion or current market forces to rate our work or determine the final form we settle on.
- What if we don't whine at not being commercially successful, and instead that we commit to learning business promotion strategies to become visible and reach our ideal audiences?
- What if we are willing to ACCEPT that we may never in our lifetime know the full value of our work.
- What if we stop making it about numbers of fans? What if we ACCEPT that there is deep value in our work if it changes the life of even one person in some way for the better?
- And finally: What if we TRUST that if we create something good the best we can, IT IS VALUABLE?
Oh, and yes... my young artist now makes a good living as an award-winning performer and teacher.