I love the end of the year time. It's a time when I can stop, be grateful for the good of last 12 months, breathe deeply, spend time with friends and family, re-assess where I am and where I want to go and yes... make resolutions! Why do I find them helpful? Because with my personality, I find that intending something helps me actually do it. Here are some New Year Resolutions for my voice and for yours. I may or may not keep all of them, but just writing them down registers somewhere important in my brain that has to do with acting on them! Here goes...
- Manage time better
- Write and co-write some really great songs
- Practice and rehearse voice, instrumental and performance skills more
- Take better care of myself.
- Take regular time off
- Learn something new every day ... Do something new regularly
- Keep better balance between work, play, interests
- Make every single songwriting session, vocal performance, vocal lesson, recording production or spoken presentation something worthy of the effort.
- To play a gig in the venue pictured on top of this post
So dear voice... what about you? As you watch the midnight ball descend in Times Square Dec 31st or play your New Year gig, what are you intending to do differently beginning the next morning?
And happy New Year to us all!!