Do you have any tricks to get me, a drummer, to make it easier to play and sing ,,and remember lyrics??Here are some thoughts for you drummers that sing:
1. write the lyrics out a few times longhand... a great memory tool.
2. Make sure your mic is not too far forward from your mouth. You need to be able to have your head back more upright and balanced over your seat so your throat doesn't close.
3. Use facial expressions and communicate with your eyes when you sing. This give more interesting tone and also opens your throat. Be sure and 'make a hole' (open your mouth and don't clench your jaw when you sing). Clenched jaw = frozen soft palate- a definite limitation.
4. Try not to clench your shoulders as you play. Keep tension out of shoulders and neck as much as possible.
5. Try and be 'singer first' instead of 'drummer first'. Practice playing and singing separately, then together... practice, practice, practice:)
Labels: singing drummers