- Your throat hurts to talk after you perform.
- You worry about losing your voice from talking or singing performance.
- Your voice feels strained after using it
- You don't command much attention when you speak or sing.
- You never seem to have enough breath.
- You can't hit your pitch accurately even though you can hear that it's "off".
- Your vocal tone is thin, uninteresting or hollow and hooty.
- You can't do certain vocal licks you're trying to imitate.
- You can't sing very low or high, your vocal range is limited so your song choices are, too.
- Your manager, agent, label rep or significant other who you trust tells you confidentially they are hearing a problem with your voice. (duh).
Judy Rodman - All Things Vocal Blog
Training & insights for stage and studio singers, speakers, vocal coaches and producers from professional vocal coach and author of "Power, Path & Performance" vocal training method. Download All Things Vocal podcast on your fav app!