Getting work in voice-over requires three main things:
- expert ability and training to expand your vocal tone and timing choices,
- a working knowledge of the business practices in this field
- a great voice-over demo (which is a specialized demo and needs to conform to what will instantly tell producers you are professional-grade talent),
- smart networking and the energy to do it. This includes systematically researching and getting your professionally created demo out to potential clients/producers every week; the audition process never stops for this career.
I do use Power, Path & Performance to train voice-over and public speakers' voices; here is what I can help with:
- I can increase your tone color choices so you can choose and change the applicable tone quality that would best communicate specific copy
- I can coach you to choose the right timing ... how fast you speak, where and how long you should pause, etc.
- I can show you how to protect your voice... your most important career asset.