Every year on April 16, otolaryngologist-head and neck surgeons and other voice health professionals worldwide join together to recognize World Voice Day. World Voice Day encourages men and women, young and old, to assess their vocal health and take action to improve or maintain good voice habits. The American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery has sponsored the U.S. observance of World Voice Day since its inception in 2002.
To honor this day, I'd like to ask you, dear readers, some questions:
- How is your voice feeling? sounding?
- What vocal techniques have you learned (and from where) that have helped you stay out of the otolaryngologist's office?
- What are your burning questions about how your voice works and what affects it?
- What are the ideas you want the sound of your voice to communicate?
- Why do you sing?
- How do you maintain the physical health of your voice?
Click the comment link at the website to share your thoughts.