What does a recording studio producer, vocal producer, vocal consultant, vocal arranger, music director DO?
- Consulting with you about what you want in a final product, as well as helping you understand the process and the costs involved in the kind of project you choose.
- Assessing who you are as an artist, what your current vocal and songwriting ability is and whether or not you need to increase your abilities with a vocal coach and/or do some co-writing before recording to give you the results you need for your goals.
- Choosing or helping you choose the best songs for your project and obtaining any necessary licenses for those final songs.
- Doing pre-production such as: discovering best keys, tempos, instruments and background vocals (bgv's)
- Choosing and booking dates for the studio, engineers, musicians & bgvs.
- Producing the instrumental tracking and the vocals for the songs, or enlisting the services of a vocal producer or consultant.