In my vocal coaching practice, I use a very valuable tool I learned about from three different sources. This tool is at the tip of my fingers... in fact, it's at the tip of yours, too. It is the purposed touch, which can drop tension out of an area - or cause the area to wake up!
First of all, I'd like to credit the following friends for sharing this concept with me:
- Pro vocal coach Jeannie Deva
- Chiropractor Dwaine Allison
- Alexander Technique practitioner Ethan Kind
- outer corner of cheekbone
- eye pad (tissue under eye)
- Jaw hinge
- Adam's apple (front tip of thyroid cartilage )
- occipital bone (bottom of skull)
It is very important to understand you can't just touch the area and expect results. You have to mentally 'will' that place to respond.
Used correctly, it's a light, focused and purposed touch. It's the awesome power of suggestion, and it can change things.