It was that time again last week... for my annual boogie boarding vacation at the beach! While I was out in the ocean this week looking for the perfect wave to catch, it hit me that there are a lot of parallels between boogie boarding and a music career. A great ride, either on the ocean or in music, requires:
- Your board needs to be strong enough to ride.
- Your voice needs to be strong enough to sing.
- You need to know how to ride.
- You need to know how to sing.
- Learn to read the ocean waves.
- Learn to read the music industry.
ENJOY THE RIDE
- Too much concentration on the next wave keeps me from enjoying the ocean I'm in.
- Worrying about the music business too much keeps me from enjoying making the music.