- When phonating (making a vocal sound) the belly should go out.
- A singer should inhale from the nose only.
- You should never drink coffee if you want to sing.
- It takes at least a month of breath training to prepare a vocal student to sing a song.
- Singers should sing with arms hanging limp and still at the sides.
- The face should be quiet and still... too much facial expression detracts from the performance.
- You can't learn to sing unless you were born a singer (also known as 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks").
Got any favorite wrong beliefs of your own?